Saturday, August 16, 2008

Knitting Blues



I am going with a blue theme this month I just noticed all my listing have blue in them. I love blue.

So I have to tell you about this custom Knitting needle case holder I just finished and shipped to one of my etsy customer for a gift for her mother for her birthday. I used a lot of hand dyed and batiks and crazy quilted them. I am only making the knitting needle case by special request they will not be listed in my shop, I am focusing more on the children’s items and gloves.. But I will always be willing to make one so If you want one just ask.

I started with the rainbow of colors and created the crazy quilt top. Then I inside I add a Velcro pocket for all your stitch markers and sewing needles. The I layer the pockets and add some of the horizontal stitch for the needle pockets. The I sew all the layers together, flip it like a pillow and continue sewing the horizontal pockets through all the layers. I use clear thread in the bobbin to not have stitches showing on top of the crazy quilting.



1 comment:

~ said...

Your work is amazing! We would love to feature you on our blog!!!!
Just thought I would let you know we are doing 5 days of Give Aways at www.asavvybaby.blogspot.com
If you want to tell your readers we are going to have some fun giveaways!!!!

A Savvy Baby!!
asavvybaby@asavvyevent.com